WestView Learning is fortunate to be able to access all the learning spaces available at Somenos Community Hall during weekdays, and all first floor spaces during the weekend. In addition to ensuring we are working closely with our community of learners and instructors to ensure the health of our learning bubble, we have the luxury of available space to accommodate social distancing within our learning activities.
August 9th Update:
We are carefully monitoring the direction provided by our Provincial Health Office, Dr. Bonnie Henry, and the Ministry of Education regarding precautions for in person instruction.
- At WestView Learning we will endeavour to remain available for face-2-face instruction with students using the following protocol:
- appropriate physical distancing during instruction
- use of air cleaners, PPE by instructors and students as identified by parents/staff, and acrylic dividers to best practice for shared space
- use of PPE during movement between activities
- separated storage space for individual learner’s personal items
- cleaning routines throughout the day to ensure high touch surfaces are frequently sanitized
- daily intensive cleaning of all surfaces
If required to provide distance instruction should COVID provincial status levels change, WestView Learning staff will continue to work individually and in small groups over digital avenues.